I created this blog to keep the people I love up to date on my life. I will try to update it weekly! If that doesn't happen remember that I am busy and will do the best I can!

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

3rd day lunch break

While in Core (the first stage where you learn everything) I have an hour long lunch. Once I get out of core and into the next to steps (where you practice, and work on clients) I'll only have 1/2 hour. I'm not sure what I'll be eating then.

Most of the people in my class don't live close enough to the school to go home for lunch, but seeing as I have a 1.4 minute walk I plan on going home most days (besides the fact that I don't have time to pack a lunch, or the money to buy lunch everyday)

I'm on lunch break right now, I had some turkey and now I'm having a bit of peppermint icecream!
It's 1:15 right now and I have to be back in class at 1:40 so I think I'll leave in 15 minutes...


But today so far has been really cool. I love the atmosphere and the people.

Dana my main Learning Leader is an amazing woman. She had four kids (all boys) with her husband of 18 years. Her oldest boy died last year in a car crash.
She was pregnant with him in High school, so she married his father. While she was pregnant she had a "premonition" or whatever you'd like to call it that the son she carried then wouldn't have a full life. She decided to make the most of what he had. He was her support system and encouraged her divorce and their move to Provo.
He was driving home from an all night Baseball tournament with 6 other guys in the car, wasn't paying attention and hit head on with another car. No one else lost their lives. He died on impact, but was flown to the hospital and donated his heart, pancreas, both kidneys and his liver.
Dana lives with no regrets, she loves her life and wake each morning with a smile.

A lot of what Paul Mitchell teaches has more meaning that just with cutting hair, but really good life lessons...

I'm excited to get to know all the staff and my peers more!

No comments: