I created this blog to keep the people I love up to date on my life. I will try to update it weekly! If that doesn't happen remember that I am busy and will do the best I can!

Monday, April 13, 2009

Nothing much has happened since my last post...

So I'll just humor you with a few of my favorite quotes! Quotes from life, from movies, from books, from plays from songs and from great people.




Death was nonplussed. It was like asking a brick wall what it thought of dentistry. As a question, it made no sense.

--Death, upon being asked about marriage (Terry Pratchett, Thief of Time)


Eight hundred years had taught Lu-Tze that what happens, stays happened . . . . . you couldn’t make it unhappen.
-- (Terry Pratchett, the thief if time)


"You ought to be thankful, a whole heaping lot, for the places and people you're lucky you're not."
-Dr. Sesuss

"…a tweetle beetle noodle poodle bottled paddled muddled duddled fuddled wuddled fox in socks, sir!"
-Dr. Seuss

:Some people are much more oh, ever so much more oh, muchly much-much more unlucky than you"
-Dr. Seuss

Some Shakespearean insults:
*Thine horrid image doth unfix my hair
*If the cook help to make the gluttony, you help to make the diseases
*O teach me how I should forget to think

"I miss you like the sun misses the flowers, like the sun misses the flowers in the depths of winter, instead of beauty to direct it's light to, the heart hardens like the frozen world which your absence has banished me to."
-- William in "A Knight's Tale"

"I miss you when something really good happens, because you're the one I want to share it with. I miss you when something is troubling me, because you're the only one who understands me so well. I miss you when I laugh and cry, because I know that you're the one who makes my laughter grow and my tears disappear. I miss you all the time, but I miss you the most when I lie awake at night and think of all the wonderful times we spent with each other for those were some of the best memorable times of my life."
-- Author Unknown

“It is a well-documented fact that guys will not ask for directions. This is a biological thing. This is why it takes several million sperm cells . . . to locate a female egg, despite the fact that the egg is, relative to them, the size of Wisconsin.”
-Dave Barry

"Mustard is gross, it's like the devils urine" -Ariel

"You're talking too loud for me to smell" -Carolyn

"What is Tagalog, is it like Chinese" -Ariel

"Love stretches your heart and makes you big inside." - Margaret Walker

"Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed."
-G.K. Chesterton

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return." -David Bowie

"Those who can't do, teach. Those who can't teach, teach phys ed" -My Father

"Adam fell that man might be. Man art that they may have joy"

"All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances,
And one man in his time plays many parts,
His acts being seven ages."
-Jaques in William Shakespeare's As You Like It

"I was mocking you by the way" -Me
"You know what? Aubrey!? I hope you have ugly children!!!" -Ariel

"Octopuses don't have eight legs, they have eight ARMS!" -Ashley

"Are you even sure all those babies have heads?" -Dallin (room mates friend)

"So, do you think that a bajillion would be bigger or smaller than a googol?" -LaFawndah

"Jeans, jeans the magical pants. The more you wear ...the more you . . . . dance?"

Alfred- Why Bats, sir?
Bruce Wayne- Bats frighten me, it's time my enemies share my dread
-Batman Begins

"And today all the Hawtchers who live in Hawtch-Hawtch
are watching on Watch-Watcher-Watchering-Watch,
Watch-Watching the Watcher who's watching that bee.
You're not a Hawtch-Watcher. You're lucky, you see!
That's why I say, "Duckie!
Don't grumble! Don't stew!
Some critters are much-much,
oh, ever so much-much,
so muchly much-much more unlucky than you!"
-Dr. Seuss

"Why must you lead, when I want to lead? If I want to dance I will ask you to dance. If I want to speak I will open my mouth and speak. Everyone is forever plaguing me to speak further. Why? What good is it to tell you you are in my every thought from the time I wake? What good can come from my saying that I sometimes cannot think clearly or do my work properly? What gain can rise of my telling you the only time I feel fear as others do is when I think of you in harm? That is why I am on this porch, Ivy Walker. I fear for your safety before all others. And yes, I will dance with you on our wedding night." -Lucius Hunt, The Village

Neville: [to a pretty mannequin in the video store] I... I promised a friend I would say hello to you today...[begins to cry]... Please say hello to me...[sobs]...Please say hello to me.

Oh, for a muse of fire that would ascend
The brightest heaven of invention!
A kingdom for a stage, princes to act,
And monarchs to behold the swelling scene!
-Prolouge to Henry V

"Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life."
--Terry Pratchett

"Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you"
-Wicked

"Christian, you may see me only as a drunken, vice-ridden gnome whose friends are just pimps and girls from the brothels. But I know about art and love, if only because I long for it with every fiber of my being." -Moulin Rouge

We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. -Dead Poets Society

A towel, it says, is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitch hiker can have. Partly it has great practical value - you can wrap it around you for warmth as you bound across the cold moons of Jaglan Beta; you can lie on it on the brilliant marble-sanded beaches of Santraginus V, inhaling the heady sea vapours; you can sleep under it beneath the stars which shine so redly on the desert world of Kakrafoon; use it to sail a mini raft down the slow heavy river Moth; wet it for use in hand-to-hand combat; wrap it round your head to ward off noxious fumes or avoid the gaze of the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal (a mindboggingly stupid animal, it assumes that if you can't see it, it can't see you - daft as a brush, but very very ravenous); -Hitch-Hikers Guide

Christopher Robin and I walked along
Under branches lit up by the moon
Posing our questions to Owl and Eeyore
As our days disappeared all too soon
But I've wandered much further today than I should
And I can't seem to find my way back to the Wood
-Kenny Loggins Return to Pooh Corner

"I'd rather grate my face with a cheese grater" -My Father

"Today is the first day of the rest of your life" -Mr. Leggett ever time he opens class

"You have a mustach!" -Aubrey
"No I don't, it's just hair!" -Isaac

"I don't like dying, it hurts" -Chase

" 'snot working, 'snot working" -Isaac when he tried to put pants on as a shirt at the age of 2

"KD, why did you bring that blanket to school!?" -Kelsy
"It's like holding hands with someone, you just don't want to let go"-KD

"I bit a kid, almost got kicked out of preschool"

"Don't you want, just one time in your life to wear Depends, JUST FOR FUN!?!" -Ashley

"NEVER say no to lip gloss!" -Grace

"You can't risk what you don't have, and you cant have have what you don't risk for" -sign in hall way made by ASB at Hanford

"I think you probably would rather not die than get an A on a test . . . . I bet you spend more of your time trying not to die than... other things" -McKay while teaching a lesson @ church

"Scouts are saving aluminum cans, bottles and other items to be recycled. Proceeds will be used to cripple children." -Excerpt from some church bulletin

"Send Aubrey to feed the pig, Ramsel." -side note on one of my fathers papers

"hawtche-paatchkey"

No comments: