I created this blog to keep the people I love up to date on my life. I will try to update it weekly! If that doesn't happen remember that I am busy and will do the best I can!

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A room with a view

I am home, in Richland…

As I write this it is 5:30am. I went to bed around midnight and took 3 melatonin pills, which on a typical night will give me a good seven hours, but not tonight. *sigh*
As it is so early in the morning I doubt that this particular post will have a very cohesive theme or even possibly make sense at all, I’m mostly writing it to pass the time until I become tired enough to sleep again.

You know the stereotypical thing that parents do to their children’s room once they go off to college, turn it into an exercise room, a ping pong room, a room to store their shoes (the latter would most likely be my dad, lqtm) Well, it seems that my parents love me a bit more than the stereotypical parent loves their children.
My room is not only still my room; everything I left in the room when I packed in a hurry is still here. The room is the same from sentimental memorabilia saved from high school plays to stacks of empty CD cases left over from the switch to MP3s. Of course the room was used, as my dads nap room but once I came home it was restored to “Aubrey’s Room”

Have you ever thought about a word so long that you start to think that it couldn’t possibly be an actual word? It starts to sound funny; the spelling begins to look truly ridiculous. Think about the word “room”. Room, room, rOom, roOM, room… It’s like Vroom, or Rome. What kind of word is room? There are no hard vowels. In a fight with another word “room” would be pummeled. It sounds as if it were asleep, somnolent and lazy.
In this corner, weighing in a four letters, two vowels and two consonants, we have “ROOM!” A noun meaning; an area within a building enclosed by walls and floor and ceiling. In the other corner, a light weigh with only three letters in all, Ack! Onomatopoeia, the sound one might make when frightened. *Ding Ding*
First round, they both enter the ring, Ack full of energy, looks like he’s ready for a serious fight, fists up and jumping side to side. Room, almost lethargic, arms swinging down as if his gloves were too heavy… is this guy serious? He’ll never make it out alive like that! Ack goes in for the fight, AND with one swift blow “Ack”.
And it’s over folks, room is out cold, he won’t be waking up anytime soon.
Ack, kaki, gastric, skip, palpitate, bombard, center, destitute, extradite, frantic, igloo, jab, lunge, mattress, obliterate, pummel, pounce, quit, restitution, recite, titan, tattle, underpants, vegetarianism, whip, yeast, yesterday, yodel, Zanzibar.
Room is no match for any of these words. In fact I bet that the great majority of words with the letters K, T, B, P or D would destroy "room"

Room, Room, Room, room, room, room

Room.
Room Room
Room Room Room
Room Room Room Room Room
Room Room Room Room Room Room






No comments: