I created this blog to keep the people I love up to date on my life. I will try to update it weekly! If that doesn't happen remember that I am busy and will do the best I can!

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A story told from long ago...

Yesterday I woke up at 9:00 so I could get ready for my appointment with my counselor Dixie.

I went up stairs after doing my hairs and make-up, the mail was not on the table. I went over to the mail box and saw many things in it, grabbed the mail and dropped it on the kitchen table. There was a particularly large and thick envelope I got a few butterflies in my stomach.
The name on the envelope was..... Keith Jolley :(

Dejected I dropped it back on the table with the other things which were all obviously bills. But then out of the corner of my eye I saw... an envelope with security patterns on the outside, it was not thick, or heavy. It was more square than the average envelope...

I took it up, calmly read the addressee, To one Aubrey Slack. Sent from some federal business office in Utah. I told myself that this wasn't it, this couldn't be the thing I had been waiting three weeks for. It was probably something for my student loans or something

I get a pen and slowly slide it under the flap dragging it ever so slightly to the opposite side. The flap is opened and lifted up.
At this point my breath has stopped and my hands close to shaking.

I pull the contents out of the envelop one millimeter at a time. As quickly as I try to pull it out it seems to slow down, the anticipation has gone from exciting to down right annoying.
When the paper comes out, it is faced backwards and I cannot tell what exactly it is.
Flipping said paper over is all that I want to do, but I can't seem to do it fast enough.

After what seems like eternity the paper concedes to show me it's true identity.

It is a pretty blue paper with an official looking seal on the right side. The heading says:
State of Utah Department of Commerce
then under that is says:
Division of Occupational & Professional Licensing.

Active license.

Official Utah State Cosmetology/Barber License (They recently combined the licenses cosmetology and barbering)

Today I am going to take $40, some paperwork and my Utah license to the DOPL and they will send me my Washington State License.

Today at 2:45 I have a job interview at a salon in Richland next to my favorite coffee shop. It is called Perspective Salon. It is my number one choice in all the salons I have applied to!!

No comments: