I created this blog to keep the people I love up to date on my life. I will try to update it weekly! If that doesn't happen remember that I am busy and will do the best I can!

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

When the stage was sung for my holiday










Today, I was taking a walk with my good friend Nat when I realized something. I like people, I like listening to people talk.

He was talking about.... something. Explaining some sort of thing with physics or trigonometry or something... I really had no interest in what he was talking about, but I loved listening to him talk about it. He spoke with such intensity, such passion, such desire for me to understand. The fact that he was interested in what he was saying made it enjoyable for me.

One of my favorite things to do at family gatherings to this day is to sit and listen to the grown ups talk. Whether it be about the weather, the outcome of the last X-country meet, politics or childhood memories. Occasionally I'll interject some similar story or witty comment but mostly I just sit and listen.

I love hearing the different tones in peoples voices, the inflections, their word choice. The looks on faces accompanying the things they are saying.
I love the chase, following the conversation watching it wander aimlessly from one subject to another back tracking and going different directions.


This hobby of mine is particularly useful to me as a hairdresser because the majority of my time is spent listening to people.

I am a people person, which is good.


No comments: